Federal Student Loans

Types of Student Loans
Information About Direct Student Loans
Entrance and Exit Counseling
Tips for Student Loan Borrowing

You must notify the college either in writing or by email within 10 days if any of the following occur:

  • You drop below half-time status (6 credit hours), withdraw from College of the Ouachitas, or transfer to another school.
  • Change your address, telephone number, graduation date, or name (also notify the Registrar’s Office).

The college school code is 009976.


Information about the Master Promissory Note (MPN)

You must fill out a master promissory note (MPN) to receive the loan after the school certifies your loan request to the lender. Go to the following link to sign your MPN. Use this link https://studentloans.gov to fill out the MPN, you will use your federal student FSAID.

Click here for more information about the Master Promissory Note.

The National Student Loan Data System

The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's (ED's) central database for student aid. NSLDS receives data from schools, guaranty agencies, the Direct Loan program, and other Department of ED programs. NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data. Please log into your account here www.nslds.ed.gov.