Want to learn something new? Join one of these evening Community Education classes at College of the Ouachitas! For more information or to register, call 501-332-0236 or 501-337-5000 or email lhawthorne [at] coto.edu. Most classes are held on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday nights. Click here to register for a class.
This Class is designed for the beginner. This is a 6 hour class that will be held Monday, July 16 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm and Tuesday, July 17 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm. All tools and material will be provided.
- Understand uses and safety of common carpentry hand and power tools.
- Gain knowledge on how to approach and construct small carpentry projects.
- Build either a Birdhouse or a Planter to take home with materials provided.
- Safety orientation and demonstration of tools being used
- Each student will pick from 3 different cedar Projects to build
o Cedar ground planter
o Cedar wall planter
o Cedar birdhouse
- Draw blueprint of project
- Begin layout and cutting
- Continue Layout and cutting
- Begin assembly
- Final assembly, sanding, and Discussion
Cost of the class is $105 per student. The class is limited to 12 students, so reserve your seat today!
Enrollment deadline: July 11, 2018
Click here to register for a class, or call 501.332.0236.
Yoga : Every Thursday starting February 15, 2018 from 4:45 pm until 5:45. $10.00 per class. Instructor is Abigail Kemp.
The following classes are one hour weekly for 4 weeks each, with all materials provided:
Oil Painting - $60
Jewelry Making - $150
Papermaking - $40
Creative Writing - $25
Other classes that are a possibility:
H&R Block income tax
Waltz Dance Class
Yoga Love COED
Online Ed-2-Go Program - we offer a wide range of highly interactive courses that you can take entirely over the Internet. Speed Spanish, Keyboarding, Grammar Refresher and more. Go to: http://www.ed2go.com/otcweb/ for more information.
Take a four week course for $85! (Prices Vary)
Some of the most popular courses:
• Intro to Microsoft Excel 2010
• Speed Spanish
• Creating Web Pages
• SAT/ACT Prep
• GRE Prep
• Become a Veterinary Assistant
• Writing for Children
• Writing Effective Grant Proposals
• Grammar Refresher