Use the links below in your efforts to solve your Blackboard problems. The Student Helpdesk is available via phone or e-mail to help you if the solution can not be found on this page.
To contact the student helpdesk send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line reference the nature of the problem i.e. "Forgot Blackboard password" "Blackboard login problems" etc. Include as much detail as possible about the problem and always include your name and student ID# with the e-mail.
The helpdesk can also be reached by telephone 501.332.0285.
- Where do I go to access my online courses?
- What is my Blackboard Username and Password?
- I don't know the last 4 digits of my Student ID!
- OK, so how do I actually get into my course(s)?
- I dropped some courses and added others. Now I can't get into my courses!
- Why is there an "orientation" course in my Blackboard course list? I didn't sign-up for that course!
You can access the Blackboard sign in page from any page on this web site by clicking "Online Courses Login" at the top of the page. You may also bookmark or save this address to your favorites. http://blackboard.coto.edu/ .
Your Blackboard Username is your first letter of your first name + your last name + last four digits of your College of the Ouachitas Student ID, all in small letters without any spaces.
Example: John Public's Username would be jpublic1234
Your Password is your lastname followed immediately by the last four digits of your College of the Ouachitas Student ID (not your Social Security number).
Example: If the last 4 digits of John Public's College of the Ouachitas Student ID is 1234, then his Password would be public1234
- Your Student ID is the same as your System ID that you used when your registered for courses and is the same number that is printed on your student ID card issued from the library.
- It is also the code that is printed on your College of the Ouachitas payment sheet (bill).
- It is NOT your Social Security Number.
- If you do not have documents that contain your Student ID and do not know your ID number, contact the student Helpdesk via e-mail or by phone 501.332.0285. You will have to verify your identity before you will be given the last 4 digits.
After logging in to Blackboard you can access your coursees under "My Courses" on the "My Institution" tab.
During the first week of the semester, we update your courses at the end of the day each day. If you do not see the course(s) that you have added, contact Student Affairs to check if you are enrolled in the course.
- All students are enrolled in the "Student Orientation to Blackboard" course.
- This course is not required and has no required "homework" or activities.
- They DO have helpful information in them. So, please use these resources as you need them.