College of the Ouachitas is seeking a full-time Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Employment and Training Program (E&T) Case Manager for Adult Education. The Employment and Training Case Manager assists SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) recipients as referred monthly by the Department of Human Services. The Case Manager interviews, assesses, and assists clients in obtaining full time employment. Must possess the ability to coordinate and conduct workshops on basic job seeking skills such as resume preparation, application completion, and interview skills. Record keeping and reporting are essential duties of this position. This individual must be able to assist clients in obtaining financial aid and with the admission process for local training programs.
Essential Job Functions Include:
• Process referrals received from SNAP Central Office on a weekly basis
• Conduct a preliminary assessment of individuals in a timely manner to TABE Scales Score and Educational Functional Level
• Provide reverse referrals for individuals when necessary
• Serve as participant case coordinator and help in the development of an individual education/career plan.
• Complete an Employment Plan for each participant and update as needed
• Provide job search assistance
• Monitor participants progress monthly and provide steps to help maintain successful progress
• Maintain up-to-date participant files
• Identifies barriers faced by participants and develop a solution
• Complete all required reports in a timely manner
• Must have or obtain Career Development Facilitator Certification
• Other duties and special projects as assigned
• Will be required to travel between counties to serve SNAP E & T Participants
Bachelor’s degree required and ability to communicate effectively to a broad and diverse population; strong organizational and planning skills; strong computer skills including Excel and Word; time management and record keeping skills.
Preferred: Principles of Adult Education. Previous work experience advising clients related to overcoming educational and employment barriers. Knowledge of related community agencies, services, and resources. Experience with assessment tools such as TABE and others.
This is a state funded grant position and employment is contingent upon continued funding from the grant. Applicant review will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Please send cover letter, resume, official college transcript, and 3 reference letters to hr [at] coto.edu. For more information, contact Mr. Randy Morris at 501-332-1915 or rmorris [at] coto.edu.
College of the Ouachitas is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. The college also adheres to all Title IX regulations. The college will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical handicap, or any other legally protected status. We adhere to all applicable laws governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria. All eligible candidates are invited to apply for position vacancies.