Adult Education Instructor -- Full-time
Position Title: Adult Education Instructor
Position Location: There is a position at the Malvern location and the Arkadelphia location.
Part-time teachers must hold a current Arkansas Department of Education Teacher’s license.
Areas of Instruction and Associated Duties Include:
Complete paperwork as required
Assess educational levels using the TABE Locator and proper form as indicated. Administer TABE according to publisher guidelines
- Administer other screenings or assessments as needed
- Counseling with parents and students
Collaborate with students to determine needs
Identify long and short term goals
- Plan objectives to meet goals
- Provide information on educational resources that will be needed to attain objectives
- Provide feedback to students on progress
- Document progress
Teach basic skill/concepts in reading, math, and language
- Provide a variety of instructional deliveries including individualized instruction, small group instruction, and whole class instruction
- Provide computer aided instruction
- Provide a variety of learning opportunities including textbooks, workbooks, lecturing, audio/visual aids, newspapers and ads, field trips, hands-on activities, and study buddies.
- Provide accommodations for students with special needs as necessary
- Establish connections between lessons studied and goals attained.
- Convey expectations for classroom activities
- Offer guidance for furthering post-secondary educational goals.
Retest students as required for NRS benchmarks
- Maintain student files as required
- Keep accurate records of attendance
- Complete records and reports as requested by other work sites
- Record student progress
- Write letters or make calls for student recruitment and retention purposes
- Prepare and organize files for instructional material
- Maintain individual student files
Maintain current Teaching Certificate
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and philosophies of Adult Education
- Participate in continuing educational opportunities to maintain and improve instructional skills
- Obtain new skills by participating in workshops and conferences
- Maintain a desirable learning climate by providing a clean, attractive classroom environment and providing necessary supplies and materials.
- Maintain a safe, functional area by completing work orders as needed for equipment and classroom repairs
- Educate self on current events in adult education
- Maintain good relationships with referring agencies and other work contacts
- Perform other tasks as requested by director or coworkers